An annual gathering of Green Convergence members and allies to which the public is invited:
- Presents the current condition of the environment as analyzed by civil society and;
- Aims to influence policies and programs of government and other sectors towards a common vision of sustainable development.
State of the Nature Assessment 2016-theme:”PHILIPPINE CONTRIBUTIONS TO CLIMATE CHANGE:carbon sources and sinks
AUGUST 9, 2016, SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY DUMAGUETE CITY
- To discuss the state of carbon sinks and sources of climate change and gather recommendations to address related issues;
- To listen to the reactions of newly-appointed officials and facilitate a productive dialogue among the various stakeholders; and
- To continue developing a critical mass of citizens across the country working to decrease carbon sources and increase carbon sinks, and influence decision
makers toward policies that promote socio-economic development balanced by environmental protection.